About the Company:
Green Jade Games are a pioneer in on-line gaming. Founded by veteran duo, Jesper Kärrbrink and Benedict McDonagh, GJG lead the march towards the future of gambling entertainment – arcade skill games for money. Headquartered in Malta, the European hub for the world’s largest operators, GJG own their own platform, licenses and have integrations into over 400 casinos, globally, and are growing fast. GJG remain an independent investor back venture.
About the Role:
To support our growth, GJG are building a new team in Europe, in-line with where most of our customers are based, to initially support and subsequently replace our business partners in the US.
About the candidate:
The successful candidate will have relevant technical experience within online gaming companies. They are a self-starter with a very high attention to detail and a natural focus on documentation and process improvement. They share an ambition to be part of a revolutionary change in the online gaming space, being a key influencer in the technical shape of the business.
Dev Ops Engineer
- Manage a Kubernetes cluster running on AWS.
- Monitor server stability and availability.
- Maintain a high level of security on our servers.
- Look into server outages and errors. Quickly identify problems and pass the information on to the relevant parties. Log incident reports and work on actions to prevent future errors.
- Maintain backups of key infrastructure, especially databases, across multiple regions for disaster recovery.
- Manage firewall policies and other network traffic policies.
- Deploy and maintain databases such as MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Develop and maintain server deployment processes using GIT and CI/CD tools.
- Automate workflows to speed up project development
- Manage tasks and communicate with producers and engineers.
- Support in On-Call rotations
- Manage Internal I.T tasks.
* Bachelor’s degree or better in Computer Science or related field
* Experience using Cloud solutions. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
* Expert-level knowledge of managing Linux servers
* Experience with the network layer and setting up routing between multiple servers
* Experience managing firewalls and firewall security
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Experience with Docker Containers
* Experience managing and monitoring cloud infrastructure
* Experience with relational databases. MySQL or PostgreSQL
* Experience with NoSQL solutions. DynamoDB or MongoDB
* Experience with config management solutions
* Experience with Git
* Excellent communication skills and experience working on moderately sized teams
* Ability to juggle multiple mid-sized projects
* Ability to keep calm when server issues arise and describe issues and solutions to clients
Nice to have
* Experience with EKS, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, Lambda and Fargate
* Experience in a core programming language. C, C++, Java or Go
* Experience with Jenkins